Saturday, January 06, 2007

Trailer

The three boxes of trailer parts came yesterday and today. I've already assembled it (I wasn’t anxious or anything) and I’m really quite impressed with it. Far sturdier than I feared, simple construction/assembly, things lined up and fit great.


In this picture the bunks are not on the trailer because I hope to build custom cradles to support the hull better. (The dust caps aren't on the wheels either.)

The safety chains are serious!

Most things seem thought out but the bolts for the front roller support are a little long. I replaced them with bolts 1/2" shorter (lower right picture).


The sharp corner at the ends of the short crossbar sticks out beyond the side rails just a bit and I fear it may find a shin or calf.

So far two injuries from a utility knife. Only one required stitches. (I gotta start using dull utility blades.)

Now if only the boat would get here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home